1. We are 90% water at birth, slowly reducing to 10% in old age.
2. Reduction in body hydration or body water has been linked with increasing acidification of the body.
3. Enzyme absorption is directly related to correct body pH levels. Acidic body = low enzyme absorption.
4. Absorption of minerals from supplement and food absorption may be directly related to pH balance of the
body. Iodine, as an example, may not be absorbed except by a perfectly pH balanced body.
5. All major organs work in service of the blood. If blood pH lowers (i.e. becomes more acidic) all other
body functions are used to support correction to pH7.35
6. If our blood pH drops from 7.35 to lower than 7, we may lapse into a coma and die.
7. Breath is a major alkalizer. Deep breathing converts waste carbonic acid into CO2 (exhaled) and harmless
8. Virtually all food contains acids. Far fewer foods contain alkalis. The recommended 80/20 ratio of alkaline
to acid foods has been reversed by the SAD (Standard Australian Diet) to more like 90% acidic food and 10% alkaline.
9. People who claim they don’t eat enough to get fat, but pile on the kilos anyway, may be right.
If they have a stressful life, and eat acidic foods, the body may be using consumed fat to stash acidic wastes
on hips, thighs and belly. It does this to protect overloaded kidneys.
10. US Studies show that the older we get the more acidic we get.
11. Inflammation can be caused by acid, but acids can be caused by inflammation. Acids are a by-product of
any stressful event in the body.
12. Chronic fatigue may be seen as stress causing acidity causing inflammation causing stress causing acidity
13. Acidity is considered by many scientists to be the precursor to every illness ending with ‘itis’.
14. Over eating does not assist energy. In fact excess food intake ends up as acidic waste that may actually
15. The more acidic we become the more water we may need to drink because we becomes less able to absorb water
in a dehydrated acidic body.
16. 8 glasses of water a day is not a proven formula for health. 8 glasses equal 2 litres of water but we
lose a net average of 2.6 litres of water a day.
17. The state of your acid/alkaline balance is now considered to be a major determinant in your ability to
18. The pH of your between-cell (interstitial) fluid may determine the ability for the mitochondria inside
your cell to transfer electrical energy out of the cell.
19. Our interstitial fluid is very similar to the mineral content of the sea. It is alkaline, saline and mineralised.
TIt follows, therefore, that if we drink pure water we will dilute the mineral and pH balance of our interstitial fluid.
20. Pure mineral free water is not a part of human history. We have evolved to expect mineralised water. Distilled
and Reverse Osmosis water, therefore, are unhealthy and unnatural.
21. Your stomach is not a permanent bag of acid. It only receives acid when food is detected and analysed
by nerves in the mouth. After receiving this ‘analysis report’ the nervous system requests the blood system to
release both hydrochloric acid from its store, plus bicarbonate of soda to protect the stomach wall. As we age, we lose our
ability to supply enough acid to our stomachs because as we acidify, our blood becomes a less efficient transport system of
acids and alkalis. It thickens up. A.K.A ‘High Blood Pressure’.
22. An alkaline substance is not necessarily a liquid with more alkaline minerals than acid minerals in it.
‘Alkaline’ refers to the ability of a liquid to produce more hydroxyl ions (negatively charged hydrogen atoms)
than positively charged hydrogen ions. It is possible, using electrolysis, to produce water that has high Hydroxyl ions without
high alkaline mineral content. It is not the alkaline minerals that work on the body to create the perfect pH working environment;
it is the Hydrogen ions.
23. One good fright crossing the road may create enough stress to turn an alkaline balanced body into immediate
24. Watching the news at seven is acidifying.
25. Getting caught in a traffic jam is acidifying.
26. Running a sprint or a vigorous workout is acidifying.
27. Gentle exercise is alkalizing.
28. Meditation is alkalizing.
29. The Shaolin monks of China are known to be highly alkaline.
30. Acidic blood is capable of holding far less oxygen than alkaline blood.
31. After a rich protein or carbohydrate (sugary) meal, our urine pH becomes alkaline. Protein and sugar nourishment
then creates acidity in the body not only by the production of sulphuric, phosphoric, nitric, uric, lactic and acetylaldehyde
acids, respectively, but also through the formation and excretion of alkalis in the urine. This is a double loss of alkalis.
32. When our bodies are acidic, none of our systems may work properly. We may be on permanent ‘tilt’.
33. Sweat is basically acidic waste, excreted via the skin. It has a double purpose of maintaining skin’s
resistance to bacteria. When we wash sweat off the skin with alkaline soap, we expose our skin to bacteria without defences.
Acid water is an excellent bacterial protection for our skin.
34. The plague of osteoporosis affecting Western women and to a lesser extent, men, may be a direct result
of an acidic lifestyle.
35. Alkaline food and water are both natural antioxidants because natural antioxidants are Hydroxyl ions,
which are a major component of water.
36. Guilt is acidifying. Any trauma we choose to hold in our body is stored as acidic waste.
37. Acidic people may be on an ‘acid trip’. They may crave the 'high' an acid snack gives them
but disconnect from the acid 'low' that comes soon after.
38. Weight loss comes more naturally to alkaline balanced people because they have less inflammation and no
need to store acid excess in fats.
39. Meat products are extreme acid forming foods.
40. It is common that you also lose your sweet tooth as you become more alkaline
41. Love alkalizes.
42. Chemically grown or processed food is often more acidic.
43. Because there is no payoff for the medical industry, acid/alkaline balance is not discussed in mainstream
medicine. This has nothing to do with its efficacy and everything to do with its ease of implementation and low cost.
44. Balance is the key; when we are out of balance we apply more pressure or input to the opposite. That’s
why alkalizing is necessary. Most of us are already seriously unbalanced towards acidity.
45. Think of your extra weight as a parking lot to park excess metabolic or dietary acid that is not being
eliminated through urination, perspiration, respiration or defecation. Fat is saving people from the excess acidity. It is
not fat that makes you overweight it is acid from an acidic lifestyle and diet.
46. Fat is one of the body's best alkaline buffers, because of its ability to take on extra acids or hydrogen
ions on its carbon chain.
47. Insulin spikes when we are acidic.
48. One of the most dangerous acids in the body is sugar, in any form. That includes sucrose, fructose, glucose,
49. Insulin is an alkaline buffer. And it spikes in order to neutralize an excess spike in acidity from acidic
food, drink or metabolism. So if insulin is spiking, then acid is spiking, and the body is in a defensive mechanism to bring
back the delicate pH balance of the fluids of the body at 7.35.
50. All high-glycemic foods are acidic. Lemons and limes are not high-glycemic because of their low sugar
content and high alkaline sodium and potassium salts. Apples and oranges are high-glycemic and will spike insulin because
they are full of the acid called sugar.
51. You can lose weight on a high calorie, high alkaline diet. Losing weight is not about calories; it is
about maintaining the alkaline design of the body.
52. Overly-acidic obese people definitely feel lethargic because they are intoxicated with their own waste
products that have not been properly eliminated.
53. When anyone morbidly obese is eating and drinking an electron-rich, alkaline diet, that person will feel
more energy. And when you have more energy you can eliminate your metabolic and dietary waste better. When you improve the
elimination of acidic waste you start feeling better and feeling stronger.
54. Alkaline foods are full of electrons or electrical energy. This is the energy the body runs on. Electrons
NOT calories. Alkaline foods and drinks wouldn't be alkaline if they didn't have electrons. That’s what makes them alkaline.
55. Remember the Ever Ready Battery Bunny who keeps on running and running and running? The reason the Bunny
keeps on running is because he is an alkaline bunny saturated with electrons. When batteries die or have no life, they become
acidic and saturated with protons.
56. "All sickness and disease is a result of an inverted way of living, eating, and thinking." Dr Robert O.
57. The standard American diet is 100% acid.
58. Testing the body fluid pH is the most important daily measurement anyone can do to maintain health and
fitness and to assist in prevention of all sickness and disease.
59. When you are alkalized you are also energized. And when you are energized you feel better and think better.
You have sustainable energy when you are alkalized. When you eat and drink alkaline foods you are making energy deposits to
your body, like a bank account.
60. Very few waters in the world are healthy. In fact, the majority of them are unhealthy or acidic.
61. When you ionize water you not only increase the pH, but you also increase the electrical potential of
the water. When you drink ionized water you are drinking water that has more surface area that can carry more electrical energy
to the body. Ionized, smaller diameter water can hydrate, alkalize and energize every cell in the human body. And when your
cells are hydrated, alkalized and energized you feel stronger, healthier and more vibrant.
62. When someone becomes dehydrated, besides the feeling that they're constantly thirsty, the skin becomes
dry and the bowels become constipated. The skin is not supple--it becomes dry. And a lot of the skin challenges that we see
is because of that. The dryness and the coarseness of the skin is affected. Not only is the outside of the body affected but
the inside is also affected from the lack of alkaline water.
63. All of the cells of the body that make all tissues and organs need water for staying healthy. Water, next
to salt is one of the most important buffers of dietary and metabolic acid. When you do not have sufficient water, you cannot
buffer the acids from diet and/or metabolism. Also, you cannot remove the dietary and/or metabolic acids through the four
channels of elimination.
64. "I have tested several hundred municipal waters and I have yet to test one that is good or healthful to
drink. They are all electron-hungry and will acidify the blood and tissues." Dr Robert O. Young.
65. Drinking electron-rich alkaline water aids in the reduction of acid, including hydrochloric acid, and
aids in the preparation of the food in the stomach and then in the small intestine for transformation into stem cells and
then red blood cells.
66. If you’re eating an alkaline diet and you’re overwhelmed with negative emotions, thank God
you’re eating an alkaline diet! Your acidic emotions are definitely NOT life supporting.
67. "In our attempts to find a drug to treat everything, we (more often than not) create more problems than
we eliminate...one step forward and three steps backward. We know that ADHD responds to an alkaline regime....and hyperactivity
is an Amygdala function ..so it follows that an alkaline lifestyle would produce less "stress" (really just the fight or flight
mechanism by another name) as well." Dr Robert O. Young